Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teapot 6 & 7

Unloaded the kiln.  Good firing.  Snow is melting quickly, but another snow is in forecast for this weekend.  Dreadful winter continues.

I fired Teapot 2. Glaze with tenmoku and rutile blue. Tiny lid looks great compared to a large lid below.  But this lid is too small for making tea.  I need work on the lid.

[caption id="attachment_1396" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot 2 fired"]Teapot 2 fired[/caption]

I found the clack inside the teapot 3 today.   I forget to sponge all water from the bottom.   I dried the outside bottom with the heat gun. That created too much tension.

Here is teapot 6 & 7

[caption id="attachment_1398" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot 6"]Teapot 3 - replacement[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1399" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot 7"]Teapot 6[/caption]

No comments: