Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teapot 3 & 4

Here is teapots from yesterday and today.  I thought the first two teapots do not have enough opening for tea/ teabag to be functional,and widened the opening a bit for these two.  I do not like the shape of teapot 3, so decided to have a fun with teapot 3.  I like the way the cap sits on the teapot 3, but the body does not looks good with feet. Turned out this practice is forcing me to stay an extra hour at the studio, and helps the greenwares just dry enough to cover with the plastic without deforming.  Before I lost couple pieces a day as the fleshly thrown pieces are too wet to cover.

[caption id="attachment_1379" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot3"]teapot3 hodakapottery[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1380" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot4"]Teapot4[/caption]

I am getting 1000lb of clay tomorrow, and lots of trimming.

2 comments:

Marge B said...

Well I think they both look neat! And 1000 pounds of clay!!??!! Holy Moley! That is a lot of clay!!

Hodaka said...

Thank you. 1000LB goes 3-4 months.