Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year !



Happy New Year ! Wish you all have a wonderful and prosperous 2009.

Well, back to wheel. I better start thinking about festivals and shows ahead. Applications are soon to be due, and this is the time I really need to build up my inventory. Once in June, I can only fill what sold a couple week before. Five months seems long, not.

I threw nesting bowls. I have been making them since I made this 13 set nesting bowls four years ago. Why 13? Just happened to make that many as I was working from the biggest one. I made only one set, and dis not lose any during drying and firing. Pretty lucky. For Japanese,“4” is unlucky number, not 13.



It was great crowd stopper, but I got sick of carrying around festival to festival, and now stored in the cabinet at home. Instead, I make five set nesting bowls. It is fun to make. Customers told me they are handy to have. Good wedding gift, too. Japanese tends to give odd number of set piece as a wedding gift, wishing newlyweds will not divide in the future.(You cannot divide odd number.)

With a simple tool, throwing is not that bad. Just need to measure, measure, measure... As long as the width is right, its height has some wiggle room when trimming.

No comments: