Thursday, September 15, 2011

Forks over knives



I watched the documentary, Forks over knives, last night.  This makes me really thinking.  I used to be a market researcher, and am familiar with the statistics. This documentary explains the extensive research done in China about the correlation between the meat consumption and the heart disease and cancers, in statistic significance. I knew our generation of Japanese is taller than my parents generation when I grew up 30 years ago as we ate more meat products, like McDonald.  I like eating meats as the source of protin rather from the peas.  I do not think I can become a vegetarian, but certainly try to curve the amount of meat consumption and gradually increase that of peas and vegetable. I cooked the pasta dish tonight, using the chickpeas instead of the chicken, that was not that bad.

 

3 comments:

littlewrenpottery said...

When I was at University I tried to become Vegetarian, unfortunately my body couldn't cope with it and I collapsed from a lack of balanced nutrients! I'm still trying to be Vegetarian but dietary changed take time, I just eat a lot less meat and maybe eventually I wont have to eat any at all...

Hodaka said...

I feel the same way, eating less meats and more veges. I need to go to the public market (farmers market) more often since they are a block from the studio.

littlewrenpottery said...

Yeah I would recommend trying to go to markets rather than buying from supermarkets, the fresher produce you can get the better it'll taste. It's amazing how much difference it makes!