Thursday, September 8, 2011

Almost perfect firing...

I got every pottery reduced.  I am very happy for the results, and am ready for the Clotheslines Festival this weekend.

[caption id="attachment_1737" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Teapot 19"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1738" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Teapot 22"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1739" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Teapot 23"][/caption]

This is my discontinued blue glazes, and applied to thick. Unfortunately it pours very slowly.

Interior of one of sagger did not hold up during the firing, and shot up pieces into a bowl and surroundings. I believe this is fifth firing of this sagger, and others show crack as well.  I need to find better clay recipe for the sagger. Does any one know a good recipe?

2 comments:

littlewrenpottery said...

I don't know a better recipe but blues seem to have a habit of doing that to me too! Your teapot 22 looks like it has a smiley face on it, how cute!

Hodaka said...

Smiley face. I does that to soy plates once a while to get customer's response.