Friday, November 16, 2012

Kitsune Udon

Have  you had your favorite snack sudden disappeared from a store shelf?

I was frantically looking for the Sppporo Ichiban Kitsune Udon early this year, then found it was discontinued.  I have been eating this more than 10 years. This instant noodle was my frequent midnight snack.  I gave up and forgot about it until recently.  Outside is getting cold, and I miss eating the noodle at night.  Then, hit me. Just make one myself.  Udon noodle is made of flower and water with a bit of salt.  I mixed up them with the food processor and made a noodle with the pasta machine.  I purchased the Inarino-moto, which is seasoned fried tofu used for sushi.  It came 16 pieces or so, I separated with a parchment paper, and put in the freezer. So, I can enjoy 16 snacks.  The boodle is cooked in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, while I make the soup.  Boil 1.25 cup of water, a pinch of salt, a pinch of dashi, and 1 table spoon of soy sauce and 1/2 table spoon of mirin. Add sliced scallions and an egg. It was very easy, and very close to that instant noodle.

 

No comments: