Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Areial view of my studio



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here is aerial view of my studio. My tenant said 500 SQ feet, but actually about 400 SQ feet after deducting the wall spaces. When I have an open house, I hear at least one person said you uses every square inch of studio.  I have two electric wheels, an electric kiln, a gas kiln, a slab roller and a pugmill, a TV, a refrigerator and a toaster. One of the wheel is Shimpo, thirty some years old, brought from Japan when I got married. I threw sake cups for the wedding in a kitchen of my tiny apartment in Tokyo. My studio is three time bigger than that apartment. I do not store finished pieces in the studio.  I wish I have big enough space to store and retail my pottery.  I just do not have enough space.  If I leave the fired pieces in the studio for a few days, they will be covered with clay dusts and need to wash. So, After opening the kiln, I usually bring them to home to store.



 

 

 

 

 

I had a a dental hygienist appointment yesterday.  It has been one year since the painful periodontitis gum surgery.  She said my teeth is "Stable".  With my mouths open , I started to wonder with my not-good English, "stable" like "stable condition after the accident",  that is not good.  After a couple minutes of discussion with myself, and I began to worry, I asked her that "Stable is good, right?", She replied, "yes, good, very good."  I thought why just say so.... It has been good, no bleeding after brushing teeth.  But lots of works.  Dental floss, brush-picks, tooth brush and mouse wash for one cleaning. I would be very depressed if they find any problem with my tooth.

No comments: