Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beef stew

Home smelled really good when I came home today.  Beef stew in a casserole dish.  I chopped onions, carrots, celery, and tossed them with a cube of beef, white wine, can tomato and beef consomme, cumin, bay leaves, and water in the casserole dish.  I put it into the 325°F oven.  Actually I was not sure about the meat not browned, so I browned some, and some uncooked.  The casserole dish sit in the oven for 6 hours. When I came home, I added some potatoes for another hour, and added corn starch mixed in the water at the end.  It was pretty good, better than the pressure cooker cooked.  Meat is very tender, fall apart by spoon! I thought the meat not browned more tender.  This is the easiest stew ever made.  I will do it again.   I made this casserole dish 11 years ago. 

P1070688P1070691P1070693P1070694

These are from the lase firing.  Kiln is loaded today.

[caption id="attachment_1542" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Teapot 3 Fired."]Teapot 3 Fired.[/caption]

platter hodaka pottery

2 comments:

littlewrenpottery said...

Nice to see you trying out one of your casserole dishes, sounds like you enjoyed it! :)

Hodaka said...

Thank you! That was great suggestion. I really enjoy the stew, one at home, and during the firing next day! I will try the curry next time.