Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ratcheting tie-down

Great crowd at the Park Avenue Arts Festival.

P1070104

I bought the ratcheting tie-down for my weight for the canopy. You can see the orange tie in the picture above. The weight is now actually hanging from the canopy, giving the canopy more stable against the wind. At the Syracuse show, one strong wind moved up the canopy for a foot. I was using the bungees.

Two canopies across from my booth flipped over by the wind at the Syracuse show. This  was group effort to reset the canopies.

P1070086

Back to the studio. I have three weeks until next show. Time for restocking. I made slab pieces. I have the Bailey DRD/II slab roller, more than ten years.

P1070113

2 comments:

Victoria said...

wow that sounds windy, I've often thought the design of marquees isn't great since they're kinda like a giant tent!

admin said...

Wind running through the buildings.. It is a part of game, I guess. Do you do the outdoor show?