Sunday, May 2, 2010

lilac and giffin grip

lilac

Lilac is blooming everywhere. This is a time of year to make chopstick holder. It is very simple. Press down the actual leaf on a slab of clay to get nice impression, and use it as template, and cut to shape.

P1060868

I use the giffin grip (15 years old).  This is great invention. Last 6 months or so, I have hard time centering with it. Last week, one of bottom bracket got broken. I suspect the part broke off may has been loose for a while. I tried glue it temporary with super glue, PC-7 and epoxy until the parts arrive. None of glue worked. The part comes with three sets of the bracket. It seems centering better now.

P1060869

Unloaded the kiln yesterday. Was good firing.

P1060874

2 comments:

Norman Pledger said...

how can I order a package of bottom brackets ?

Hodaka said...

http://www.giffingrip.com/parts
good luck.