Monday, October 19, 2009

Shelves

Before                                                                  After

P1060246P1060268

Last couple days, I dismounted the old shelves, which was built 20 years ago, and was too deep for this studio. I did not have a time to build the new shelves three years ago when I moved into this space in the middle of the summer festival season. I have been wanting to replace, but took three years. Richard Aerni taught me the design of the shelves. I have built one, and like it very much. The shelves are adjustable, and hold the plywood sheet (16” x 24”) . Now I just move around the wet / lather hard pots on the same sheet from throwing area to the bisque area.

In additional bonus, I might have created an extra space for another wheel. I will move around the stuffs tomorrow to squeeze in the trimming station.

No comments: