Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kiln is loaded

I finally made enough to load two kilns. I am firing tomorrow. This summer, so far, is cooler than usual, which is very helpful. Last year I was laughing stocks in the building as suffering from the heat in my studio.

I don't have good memory for US national holidays, and wound up working through them. National holiday here is very confusing, as banks and schools are closed while other business are mostly open. In Japan, national holiday means everybody other than stores take day off. I will be working through this weekend.

p1050848

2 comments:

Gina said...

Great photo and beautiful pottery! I'm sometimes confused by the holidays too - I remember my first Thanksgiving in the US - I had no idea it was so 'celebrated' - could not find a restaurant open!

Looks like a beautiful kiln load!

admin said...

Thank you. I had the best firing of the year.